Mystery snail help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I have about 10ish mystery snails, and they already laid multiple amounts of eggs but they always fall off or are super dry and dont hatch??:banghead: So what can I do to have the eggs not fall of and how long does it take them to hatch? Thank You!!:confused: Oh and by the way i have 2 yellow mystery snails and the rest are purple mystery snails. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0165.jpg
    DSCF0165.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF0164.jpg
    DSCF0164.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 110
I leave them up there and splash water on them a few times a day. If u wanna sagley hatch them, put them in a clear with a top on it, some water, just enough to swirl around and a moist paper towel because the eggs need humidity. When the eggs appear holey, they're hatching!

The snails in the eggs are alive and breathe air, if they are under water they will drown. As mentioned they need moisture. Give the snails some time, they will usually get better at where they lay them and the number of them will increase as the snails get older/bigger. I would recommend a misting spray bottle with dechlorinated water.

Do not scrub the glass unnecessarily as the snails will feed on the biofilm.

Well one set of eggs fell in the water and i took them out right away, are they alive, because thats the ones i am sprinkling with water... Or am i wasting my time haha

If they weren't in the water too long they can survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They laid 2 more batches of eggs, better spots than before and im hoping these will hatch other times they laid eggs on the lid so when you open and close it a lot eventually eggs fell of so im gonna hope theyhatch, also what should i do with so many snails? Do people buy them? Thanks

One night when they hatch you will see soo many little dots all over your aquarium glass. They will be every where! Then let them grow up, not all will make it but yes if you keep your aquarium water with good parameters (What is the hardness, pH of your water) it will help them have good shells. And attractive snails sell.

People love these guys. :)

The tiny babies don't need much extra when they first hatch but afer they start growing up they might need a little supplementation.

Also consider getting some food formulated for aqua critters with shells, like Hikari Crab Cuisine which is available for sale at some walmarts and it is usually available at petco. There is a shrimp cuisine and other foods made FOR Dwarf shrimp -not made out of shrimp like shrimp pellets.

After they are getting towards marble size they are looking everywhere for food and probably would starve with out some extra - depending of course whether you have a hundred snails or 10. :) They also love Hikari omnivoire sinking wafers - a huge favorite with most every bottom dweller - has a Clown Loach and Cory on the package with orange trim. Online available of course.

Congrats, I bet you will get a batch of babies to hatch soon.

I mostly notice the babies on the glass eating.

If you have loaches. They will eat your babies. FYI. I put my egg clutches in a separate tank to hatch and raise the babies.

Thank you!!! For all that great information, i do have a tigerbarb, an angelfish, a dwarf gourami, and breeders and tetras , could any of these fish eat snails, also i feed my snails right now with algea wafers, they love them would algea wafers work for baby snails as well? Thanks

My black skirted tetras used to wait for them to drop into the water and eat them immediately. Baby snails will eat anything. Biofilm, algae, leftover fish food...

Plants and cover. They know how to hide. And once they grow a bit the tetras never tried to eat them.

That's why they're so good, they eat alot and fun to watch but when they get bigger, u can sell some.

Back
Top Bottom