N. Multifasciatus spawn (my first!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you may already know, I recently set up a tank for Neolamprologus Multifasciatus. I've had them for a few months now and only lost one in all. I found it behind the tank so it jumped at some point, perhaps during a water change. Either way, my parameters have been pretty good (Amonnia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 5) and they're fed brine shrimp, bloodworms as a treat, crushed Cichlid pellets, and flakes. Today as I was observing them I noticed some movement around the cluster of shells in the middle of the tank. I watched for a moment and saw a single fry emerge from a shell. Another one was lying in the opening of the same shell and an adult was in there, as well. I've counted just two so far. But my question is what are the special requirements for fry? This is my first experience with them.

Turns out I have now counted eight fry, much to my excitement. They're eating crushed up flakes and mealworms fine, despite their size.

Turns out I have now counted eight fry, much to my excitement. They're eating crushed up flakes and mealworms fine, despite their size.

Congratulations, you're a fish-parent! :D Cigars for everyone! Look forward to seeing the pictures of them growing big!

Yay! Congrats on them spawning. I think that the parents will do most of the caring for them and you won't have to do much. I hear that it takes them a while to grow to a decent size though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom