need help? Fish looks pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My female fish is pregnant and is not herself. She has been quite for days and nothing. She is off her food and sitting around bottom, also not socializing. Could she be near birth? Did a water check and everything is fine.

Last edited:
That sou.ds like she is ready.. she may just not be comfortable. Keep an eye on her for the next few days and im suree you will have babies. She will be very hungry when she finally does give birth so if you are trying to save the fry i suggest you separate her. Do you have a picture you can post? What kind of fish?

Awe congrats, hopefully you will be able to keep the fry safe :)

I am amazed when ppl say there fish are pregnant I didn't notice anything with my tetras but I wasn't expecting them to get pregnant either because everything indicated they are hard and I am not overly experienced lol

Shes a guppy but sadly died last night after a long labour and only one fry. Little ones is very small but going strong :) I have 5 fry from another female and shes fine but this one really struggled.

Another female got sick followed by a male and the female had white fungus all over her so I got treatment for tank and did a water change so fingers crossed she and the others survive.

Apparently it's stress related cause ich is small spots and my fish had white fungus patches but done treatment and will do more in two days. The yellow female died and so did the male but the others seem great so fingers crossed I caught the rest in time.

When I mean they died they got eaten by my loach cause they were sitting on the bottom. Didn't think he would do that but Ok.

Wow, I guess they are not kidding about fish if it fits in their little mouths they will eat it. Sorry to hear, did you manage to keep the fry safe? We haven't seen ours since the initial spotting :( I keep counting the fish to see but not yet.

Back
Top Bottom