Neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
HOw to make neons breed in a community tank
Is it possible
I have mollies guppies neons
and I zebra which I might change tank
I have
Java fern
Elodea
Water sprite
Violet

Never done it myself, but from what I read you need a breeding tank so you can remove the parents or they'll eat the eggs, feed them live mosquito larva, keep the lighting very low and slowly raise the lighting, 75 or lower temp, and let the nitrates build up to a higher level then do a 50% or more water change to simulate rain.

Breeding Tetras

HOw to make neons breed in a community tank
Is it possible
I have mollies guppies neons
and I zebra which I might change tank
I have
Java fern
Elodea
Water sprite
Violet

It is never a good idea to breed tetras in a community tank. You need to set up a seperate tank for the breeding and you'll need to remove the parents after spawning. The eggs will be on the plants you used and the fry will eat the infusoria on the plants at first plus any infusoria you add to the tank.

Most fish will not breed in a community tank as long as there isn't security for the eggs. The fish will refrain from spawning so you can't "make them" spawn. In nature, Neons spawn during certain times of the year in heavily planted areas so that the eggs and fry are hidden from the other fish.

Hope this helps...(y)

The eggs are light sensitive as well . So people usually black out the 3 sides of the tabk

Back
Top Bottom