New breeding project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have bred live bearers, and I kinda want to try something else now. Possibly cichlids, but I want something easy to breed of that's possible... Does anyone have any ideas? I would prefer a bigger fish, but open to any ideas and suggestions :)

Convicts are easily bred. Are you looking to sell them or just for fun?

I will have to sell some most likely... Especially if it's a big fish I'm breeding.

Angels?? Im getting ready 2 get another male so i can breed them as my original male passed a couple months ago...

Jack dempseys are pretty easy to breed but you run out of room really quickly.

Jack dempseys are pretty easy to breed but you run out of room really quickly.

I got one JD today..I would like to breed them but I couldn't tell for sure which ones were male/female cuz they were so young yet. They are $2.50 at Petsmart right now.

African cichlids are nice and they will breed but after a while you have multiple generations crossbreeding and its messy

I got one JD today..I would like to breed them but I couldn't tell for sure which ones were male/female cuz they were so young yet. They are $2.50 at Petsmart right now.

It's really hard to tell even when they are older everyone on the forum said this fish was a female so I gave up on breeding then a month later I have 100 2 1/2 week old fry

image-3885011064.jpg

It's really hard to tell even when they are older everyone on the forum said this fish was a female so I gave up on breeding then a month later I have 100 2 1/2 week old fry

Yeah..that is for sure a female you got there haha.

[/QUOTE]

Nice I love fish fry I have some baby angelfish and sailfin Molly's at the moment

thanks for all the ideas guys :) think im gonna go with some kind of African cichlid

Back
Top Bottom