New Creamsicle Molly babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spittinfly

Aquarium Advice Activist
From what I can tell my Mumma fish is done giving birth. We pretty much saw it start and were able to save 12 out of about 14 total. She didn't look as big as my first batch with the dalmatian, would this number be normal? I just thought there would be more, not that I'm complaining.

Also they arrived alot sooner than I figured, will they be ok in a breeder box for a while? We only have 10 left now and don't plan on keeping a lot of them until we have the 10 gal up and running.

The only sucky part is that I am still batteling Ich. Will the new babies already have it because I think the Mumma does? Or will they have a tolerance to it?

And if I seed my new tank with the filter and some substrate will the ich follow to the new tank, or is it just fish bound?

Sorry, more baby questions than ich so I posted them all here.

If you're just setting up the 10g and plan to seed it as you said, why not be really aggressive with a temperature treatment; say 90-92 degrees for a couple of weeks. I don't think that will necessarily kill off any of the nitrobacter or other beneficial organisms, but it should take its toll on the ich parasite. Add some salt too.

Obviously, if raising the temp that high, no fish! The fact that there are no fish, should allow you to starve out the adult phase of the parasite as well.

Anyone have an opinion - I'd be a little concerned about the cycling, but it should solve he ich issue.

BTW congrats on the fry!

Congrats on the babies. Temperature of 88F should do the trick. I would wait for two weeks after the last signs of ich before moving anything to the new tank. You can easily spread it by adding the media or gravel. The babies should be fine in the breeder net for a while.

Thanks, yeah I heard that it gets worse before it gets better. I'm just getting nervous about how long it is taking. I still see scraping and white dots.

Also a little worried that my prego Black Molly will drop before I get the 10gal up. She is looking bigger than the Cremesicle did.

On an off note, I put a branch of the plastic Red ludwigia in the breeder box to give them something to hide in or pick off of.

Back
Top Bottom