New Fish Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Molly had fry today!! What can I do to ensure that they will all make it out alive. We have them separated in a breeder net at the moment. We set up a tank on Monday for them, but it isn't cycled yet. We weren't expecting them so soon.. We did a water change a couple nights ago so I'm guessing that's what triggered it.

Attachments

• image-2121772014.jpg
    image-2121772014.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 42
My Molly had fry today!! What can I do to ensure that they will all make it out alive. We have them separated in a breeder net at the moment. We set up a tank on Monday for them, but it isn't cycled yet. We weren't expecting them so soon.. We did a water change a couple nights ago so I'm guessing that's what triggered it.

I've had success keeping them in the breeder net while cycling. My first batch were also sooner than expected, so I sped the process up as many do by adding existing material from the established tank and filter to the nursery tank. There are many who would probably gasp at this, but I've only ever fed mine with finely crushed flake food. The fry do tend to be a little more sensitive than the adults, so you may want to do pwc more frequently than usual. I've had a great survival rate.
Good luck.

do you have flake food, if you do crush it up and feed it them but in a small amount. the best thing to do is to put them in separate tank because from personal experience those thing (breeder box) get dirty fast. but your tank is not cycled yet, so just monitor them.

We actually have two breeder nets so we can clean them out easily. And we have some newborn fish food that we already put in therefor them. We actually were expecting them a couple of weeks ago but we suspect the fish aborted the fry and another fish just happened to have them today.

Back
Top Bottom