new guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrisgaucher said:
How long will it take for my guppy fry to reach full mature size?

If you keep them in a breeder net until they are big enough not to be eaten then you will probably have a six to eight month wait

Fancy Guppies

How long will it take for my guppy fry to reach full mature size?

Hello chris...

I've kept these fish for several years and keep all my fish togther. Removing pregnant females from the the tank is stressful at best and you don't want to lose any fry.

Keep all your fish together and feed frequently. Adult Guppies are much less likely to go after the fry if they're well fed and keep a lot of floating plants like Anacharis and Pennywort.

From fry to mature fish takes the males about three months, the females a bit longer, about four.

Keep the water conditions stable and pure, by removing and replacing half the tank's volume every week.

Just a couple of thoughts.

B

If there are sufficient hiding places, you can just leave them in the main tank. I have some platy fry in the main tank. Most of them are still around and even though they're only between 1/4-1/2 inches, they can swim freely and the adults don't bother to eat them. Those breeder nets also have bad aeration.

Back
Top Bottom