New parents!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
congratulations to my pair of kribs! Went to top off teh tank and feed this morning, and I see about 150 fry!

Tank hasn't been up a full month yet even. I'm pleased that they successfully bred their first attempt. I'll let the fry get a bit bigger, and then I'll move them to a grow out tank.

Hopefully I'll have some females, as my LFS's only seem to get males...which I suspect is on purpose. I think their vendor doesn't liek to let females into the market, since it cuts into their profits when people like me breed them.

anything else with those kribs? i've seen them be quite protective parents...although it is funny to see a tank with parents on one side, and 10 fish crammed in a corner hiding from the protective parents that keep beating them away from the fry.

i had 2 rummy tetras in there and an SAE. the rummy's swam into the CO2 bubble ladder though, and died. that was yesterday. seemed strange then...but now that I see the fry, I suspect the male krib terrorized them into the only 'hiding' place in the tank.

Lesson learned.

Last night I couldn't find the SAE...but didn't see him on the floor, so I don't think he jump'd. then again, I have 2 dogs and a cat...so if he did jump, he might never be found. :|

FYI, I did find the SAE, and it did indeed jump the tank from the small opening in the back. On the plus side, the kribs are happier now and letting the fry explore the tank more.

Back
Top Bottom