New Platy, and Possibly Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I found your thread very interesting definitely curios about your baby fry. Just over a month ago one of my fish (which I thought was my red platy but my babies are white with black spots like my Molly) gave birth I was able to save 2 out of probably 10 of the fry and just released them into the main tank today. I have one of my female platies isolated right now as she is in labour I saw her drop one fry outside of the breeding tank so I'm hoping she'll drop the rest very soon so I can let her go before she gets to stressed out. Any tips?

Welcome to the group :)

Welcome to the group :)

Thank you!

The babies are doing good swimming around. Anyone have a way I can clean the bottom of the breeding tank that their in? Without having to take them out there some un eaten food sitting at the bottom

Thank you!

The babies are doing good swimming around. Anyone have a way I can clean the bottom of the breeding tank that their in? Without having to take them out there some un eaten food sitting at the bottom

Glad to hear it :) And to clean the breeding tank I would use a piece of airline tubing to suck up any debris.

I have a gravel vac but it's huge, I don't know how to avoid sucking them up

A gravel vac is gonna be way to big and will most definitely suck up the fry. That's why I suggested the airline tubing. I'm pretty sure it's small enough that the fry can't fit through. If you have any, give it a try.

Ya I ment how are your fry spellecho lol

Oh my gosh im so sorry haha, not thinking.

They are doing great I have 10, I just cleaned their tank and put in a ball of moss and a fake plant so they can hide of the other fish swimming by their little tank

It's hard to take a picture on my phone it keeps focusing on the house/palm tree in the back ground haha

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130906_210415.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130906_210415.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20130906_210448.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130906_210448.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 51
hey yall im new too! found this and this is exactly whats going on in my tank too!! i have 8 babies in a breeding tank. didnt know momma was pregnant till i saw the little ones swimming around in the big tank... my mom surprised me with new orange platys (my fav color) and the next mornign there were babies!!! cant wait to see your babies and watch them grow :)

hey yall im new too! found this and this is exactly whats going on in my tank too!! i have 8 babies in a breeding tank. didnt know momma was pregnant till i saw the little ones swimming around in the big tank... my mom surprised me with new orange platys (my fav color) and the next mornign there were babies!!! cant wait to see your babies and watch them grow :)

Welcome to the group! :) Have any pictures?

Hey man, great post!
I've had my 25g for a while. My sister has like an 3g I think? Anyway, she had an Platy and an Molly in there, and guess what? Babies! Platy gave birth during water change (she was in an bucket, didn't know she was pregnant). So I put the Platy and Molly in my tank, and left the fry in my sisters tank. There was about 40 of them. That was a few months ago! 2 of them got big real quickly, so they are in my tank now (mother and father died along the way) Now there are about 8 of them left in my sister's tank, but they aren't growing too well. Hopefully they will survive.

Back
Top Bottom