New to forum! Are my mollies pregnant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielle26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-3749709202.jpg

image-1759038614.jpg

One seems to be a lot larger than the other, and underneath their bellies the colouring is rather grey? I've put them both into a breeding tank just in case. The shop I had them from said they look pregnant, but I'm not sure if they were just saying that to get me buy lol

Danielle26 said:
One seems to be a lot larger than the other, and underneath their bellies the colouring is rather grey? I've put them both into a breeding tank just in case. The shop I had them from said they look pregnant, but I'm not sure if they were just saying that to get me buy lol

Ohh thanks :) can you tell. Y looking at them how long it would be for them to deliver?

Ohh thanks :) can you tell. Y looking at them how long it would be for them to deliver?

What type of Molly are they? Usually when they are getting close they will not be as active and hang around the heater or filter that can be for a few days before they have them. With mine they get this white dot at their butt area that really expands the day they have them. They can sometime slow right down on their eating as well and stop hanging with other fish.

Calypso77 said:
What type of Molly are they? Usually when they are getting close they will not be as active and hang around the heater or filter that can be for a few days before they have them. With mine they get this white dot at their butt area that really expands the day they have them. They can sometime slow right down on their eating as well and stop hanging with other fish.

Sorry I have to keep quoting or it won't let me reply lol

They are black balloon mollies. The largest one seems to have a white spot, can't see it too well on the picture. I only brought them a week ago so can't really tell if they are acting differently. From when I put them in the tank until moving to the breeding box, they didn't move from the corner, which is where the heater is.

Most Mollies are pregnant when boughten from the store. The only time they aren't is when they are not kept with males.

Back
Top Bottom