New unknown fry born! HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have recently found 8 fry In my 55 and have put them in the breeder growth box thig along with a small plant for them to hide in. But now I have them in there idk what to do! Anything Fromm feeding to when I should telecast them into the tank will help a lot! Thanks
:fish2:

You can feed them a few times a day. Crushed flakes will work fine although you can also use Hikari first bites, boiled egg yold paste or BBS cultures to feed them. If the breeder box is totally enclosed, make sure to carefully change out some water ever so often. If the box provides for water exchange with the rest of the tank, then don't worry about it, but you can clean out the bottom when it looks too gross.
Congrats on the fry!

As far as feeding feed them whatever you feed the parents just crush it up into a powder. As for when to reintroduce to main tank, can't really be answered unless we know what's in the tank. My best suggestion is get a 10g to put them into till they grow big enough, in a 10g they will grow alot faster aswell.

They currently in my 55 with guppys Molly's and Platies ( also with tewie the mystery snail) ad I have a 10 gal but it's not set up an I ha hermit crabs in it before so Idk if it holds water I also got a 30 gal when I bought the 55 bit they used it for a snake so idk if it holds water either andy 16 gal is stocked with swprdtails and teteras . It's kinda funny to watch te big fish try to get through to the fry even after they have tried for 1 day, but would the other tanks be able to hold fish if they held a snake and hermit crabs? ( assuming they still hold water)

If those are all the tankmates, you can just leave the fry in the breeder trap until they are too big to be eaten. Especially since you just have 8 fry. It would be better if you can get a different tank set up, but if not, they should be ok for a bit.

I am worki up to getting a "hospital tank" and a "fry tank" but I'm not there yet lol, but would it be safe to use the 30 and the 10 if they held the snake and the crabs?:fish1::fish2::fish1::fish2::fish1::fish2: :thanks:

Also the fry I have now are in the breeders box I own and most of m females look heavy enough to show a Gravid spot so should I look into another box for different sized fry so hey don't eat each other?

Well, they will be fine together as long as one fry isn't big enough to eat the others. There will be a little competition for food, but not a huge deal.
As long as your other tanks can hold water, they will be fine.

Thank you so much! Now I'm more exited than before!!!! I just can't get over how adorable hey are XD

Either of the other tanks should be fine. The ten gallon would be more than enough room for live bearer fry so I would just set that up. The growth rate is much faster when they are able to swim around more. Just fill the tank outside where a leak won't ruin the floor and see if it holds water. If it does then give it a really good cleaning but don't use soaps or detergents. Vinegar is a good thing to have handy with aquariums, it's safe to clean with inside and out and works well. Just dilute with water, in a spray bottle it makes excellent glass cleaner and is what I use on all the glass in my house.

That's awesome! When I cleaned out the 55 I soaked it in water then scrubbed it down, but now my dad it rolling his eyes cause ive gone fish crazy XD

Back
Top Bottom