Nitride snail eggs, discovered. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may not know a lot but before I bought them I looked them up and they can hatch in freshwater.

I may not know a lot but before I bought them I looked them up and they can hatch in freshwater.

No they can't sorry, I have them in several tanks and have never once seen them hatch.

"Nerite snails are found in saltwater, brackish water and freshwater. Although most think of marine aquariums when they hear the name Nerite snail, many species do well in fresh and brackish water as well. They do however need brackish water to breed. "

"Some people find Nerite snails are very hard to breed while others state that they breed like rabbits. The truth likely depends on the aquarium in which they are kept and the exact species kept. They only breed in brackish water (1.005-1.010 salinity); they never be breed in freshwater and only seldom breed in saltwater. When they do breed in saltwater it is usually in water very close to being brackish."

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/snail/nerite.php

They will not hatch in freshwater, I promise. I've got a tank that's littered with eggs on the glass. I felt kinda duped as the LFS had them listed as non breeding and "not a pest" they failed to mention the wonderful "glass droppings"

Back
Top Bottom