Not breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm trying to Breed red cherry shrimp but they haven't ha any eggs yet. It's been 2 month so far. What's wrong

RCS won't breed if they feel threatened as they do best in species only tanks. What are your tank specs? (Levels, size, filtration,)

I actually have a dividers that separate the shrimp and tow betta fish is that a problem

Attachments

• image-3694844532.jpg
    image-3694844532.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 98
They may still feel threatened if the shrimp can see the Betta. That's really all of the advice I can give. Hopefully you have better luck in the future

As a newbie I'm not sure I should offer this,

Attachments

• image-2972489896.jpg
    image-2972489896.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4129849211.jpg
    image-4129849211.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 74
As a newbie I'm not sure I should offer advice but maybe your shrimp need more cover. Plants, decor, rocks, etc. This this were most of my RCS hang out.

image-1551822004.jpg

The second photo in my first post is another place I find them. I bought that at petsmart and it was really easy to add. Maybe you could use something like that and create a "screen" so they can't see your betta.

I didn't mean an actual screen. ;) I meant building a wall with tall plants so the shrimp would have to try to see the other side. ;)

I didn't mean an actual screen! ;) I meant use tall plants to create a wall so the shrimp can't see the other side easily.

Grrr my iPod just doesn't like this thread. It keeps timing out and telling me my post didn't work than once I have typed the whole thing again it posts both. Grrrr

Ok the first thing you should do is move the betta an let the shrimp have that tank. Then go get a pc of drift wood thats got a lot of nooks to hide in as wells as offer some cover. You also should have some form of moss or low light plant. I have christmas moss and they love it. It's also low light and doesn't require a lot of care. they also need a good veggie food. As said in other replies water quality is important. It's a 10g tank, water changes take no time at all for that size. If you do those things it should just happen. I just put 10 shrimp in a 20 tank maybe two weeks ago. I just can home from work to see I have a female fanning eggs. Hope it helps!

Getting a simple 5 gallon tank (or 10) with a heater and small filter would be best.

Back
Top Bottom