Nothing is working !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xdarkfaith

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys... Ive two opaline gouramis in the tank.
One male
And one female. The male is quite large and larger then the female while the female is smaller. Ive fed her live food, lowered the height of water, temp at 28degree but they are not spawning at all... Its been 2 weeks since i tried..any ideas? Could it be due to the size? Please!!! Heres a pic of the smaller female and larger male.

Attachments

• image-4124007462.jpg
    image-4124007462.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-186142644.jpg
    image-186142644.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 54
well champ its hard to tell based on the info, how old are these guys? they probably arnt mature yet, it may also be worth feeding them blood worms or similar 3 times a day in small amounts. but honestly it may just take time

While it is not really possible to confirm the sexes of your fish in these pics, it does not look like you have a female filled with eggs in them which may be your first problem. The female should be well rounded in her abdomen when she is ready to spawn. Also, if you have the fish alone and in a tank with little water movement and some live plants (for the male to anchor the bubble nest to) and there is no bubble nest, you can safely assume that either the fish are not old enough yet to breed or the water conditions are not right for spawning.

Despite what LD123 said, I've known most Gouramis to be easy to breed when given the right circumstances. In fact, the first time I saw them being bred at a fish farm, they were being bred in open bags in styrofoam boxes that where piled one on top of the other. I'd suggest you confirm gender, then age, then water conditions.

Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom