Notho. Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I got a male Notho. Kaefuensis (probably spelled wrong). I contacted the breeder and I'm going to get a full tour!!:dance:. Right now, hes in my 2.5 planted. I have a double 10gal stand setup, one for the fry grow out and the other for a different notho. or a pair of Aphyosemion. I'm going to stick with the peat spawners. Ive heard that a pair is better than a trio for a multitude of reasons, such as aggression, breeding, etc. I dosed 1 teaspoon per gallon of marine salt. Should I take out the silica sand? Its annoying not having anything on the bottom. I'll post some pictures of the setup, once my camera is functioning.

Here's the setup. Two sponge filters will come on Tuesday:). Also, ill need to sink the dw, its adding a dark tint that will help subdue the lighting.

Attachments

• aquarium advice 002.jpg
    aquarium advice 002.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 94
  • aquarium advice 003.jpg
    aquarium advice 003.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 84
  • aquarium advice 007.jpg
    aquarium advice 007.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 89
Sorry about the period of inactivity, school started and ive been busy. Well, I spent my money for the other killi, so now I have to save up to have the pair. Worth it for a Paratilapia polleni though. Here's the tank now, got the two sponge filters in. The dw started to rot, so heres the new setup.

Attachments

• aadvice 034.jpg
    aadvice 034.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 69
  • aadvice 035.jpg
    aadvice 035.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 74
I bought the male for $15 U.S. dollars. I called the breeder and he offered me a pair for $15. So much for my lfs ripping me off

Store always rip people off. Same for me at petco guppy was like 3 dollar and at pets mart was like only 1$. Petco rip me off so I stop going there , the thing is they have more fish then petsmart and alot of betta (Sick)

Okay, sorry for the delay in posts. I got a breeding pair of the nothobranchius rachovii. The male was hiding during the picture. I cant obtain a female notho. kaefuensis at this point in time. The hardest thing now, is finding peat in the fall. Hopefully can get the peat in there soon and see some eggs!

Attachments

• aquariumadviceupdate 006.jpg
    aquariumadviceupdate 006.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 57
  • aquariumadviceupdate 007.jpg
    aquariumadviceupdate 007.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 48
  • aquariumadviceupdate 008.jpg
    aquariumadviceupdate 008.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 50
  • aquariumadviceupdate 010.jpg
    aquariumadviceupdate 010.jpg