Noticed Fry in my tank today...what are they???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
i noticed 5 little guys in my 55 gal today...not sure what they are....i tried takin pics but they are so small that my camera cant focus on them well...they are about 1/4" long, 3 are dark brown and 2 are a pale yellow...not sure what they are...

they were found in my 55 gal today when i started empting it out...i have lost a lot of fish in that tank due to many things...when it was stocked, it had juvenile angels, neon tetras, serpa tetras, silver mollies, pictus cats, common plecos, and dwarf frogs...i has been empty for a day or so...the last fish i had in there was a silver mollie that i moved over to my small tank cause it was the sole survivor of the large tank, or so i thought...

i am almost certain that they are not from the cats, plecs, or angels as they do not resemble them in ANY way...they are definately baby fish, not tadpoles, so that rules the frogs out...

i really wish i could get a good pic of these guys...i want to know what they are...

EDIT: Sorry...found 2 more...

So what are the possibilities? Tetras or mollies. I would say they are mollie fry, because tetras need really soft and low pH to breed. But silver mollie fry being yellow and brown? I don't know about that.

i was told by someone that they are the mollie fry...they said that mollies are live bearers and that my tank hasn't been up long enough to have eggs hatch...

what do u all think?

Chilly Willy said:
Congratulations! How's it feel to be a parent?

thank you...its so cool...there are 17 of those little buggers...i got them in my small tank right now in one of those breeding cages...what should i feed em? i crushed up flake food into really tiny pieces and sprinkled it on the surface for now...what else should i give em?

thanks

the fry will do just fine on flake, but thier growth will be boosted by a product called first bites. It is a powder like food that is loaded with nutrients, and the fry love it. have fun raising the babies!

Back
Top Bottom