Nursery filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david1764

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought 2 Marineland 29 gal starter kits to use as nursery tanks. Each came with a Penguin 200 filter. The plan was to use a sponge from a sponge filter as a pre-filter to keep the fry out. The intake tube is rectangular and the sponges I bought won't fit.

Can anyone please suggest a sponge that will fit a 9/16" x 3/4" rectangular shaft. No problem cutting the sponge hole to make it fit. JustI can't tell by looking at the specs and it's a long drive to try to find one. I need to get them online.

Thanks

I don't know if your filter suction will be to strong, but for my fry in a 20 gallon long I have a aqua clear 20, set to low suction and a aqua clear sponge covering the intake stem that I cut a hole in and slide over the stem.

I don't know if this will help you...but the aqua clear sponges comes in various sizes and are fairly cheap.

Good Luck!

Panty hose. Fits any size intake and easy to get. Depending on what type of fry you have you may not even need the sponge, my guppy fry never seem to have a problem with my canister intake, but I'm not sure what you are dealing with :/

Back
Top Bottom