Nursery or Not URGENT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do I need a nursery for my ten gallon my female guppy is about to pop and I need to know if I must get a nursery for the fry or will I have enough hiding places for them to not get eaten by mommy and daddy

Attachments

• image-527371441.jpg
    image-527371441.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-797191851.jpg
    image-797191851.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 69
If you want a lot of the fry to survive I'd say get a 2-5 gal tank heater sponge filter and gravel and have a nursery tank or if u just want some to survive leaving them in the main tank there should be a few that survive

If you want a lot of the fry to survive I'd say get a 2-5 gal tank heater sponge filter and gravel and have a nursery tank or if u just want some to survive leaving them in the main tank there should be a few that survive

Thx i only want 2 so ill leave them in tank but I want only females.what should I do should i take 2females and put in breeder box and leave the rest?

Yea they'll have a lot more so u should be ok in long run but like I said u could get tank raise them and then find females or just hope for the best good luck

I left mine in the tank. I have 9 survivors from the first batch, at least 3 from the 2nd batch, at least 2 from the third batch, and I think we're due babies tonight. They are quick and difficult to spot. I probably have more survivors but as they are masters of hiding I haven't seen more than that out at the same time. If you only want to keep two, definitely leave tem in there. Maybe just move some of your plants together a bit closer to provide more cover.

I left mine in the tank. I have 9 survivors from the first batch, at least 3 from the 2nd batch, at least 2 from the third batch, and I think we're due babies tonight. They are quick and difficult to spot. I probably have more survivors but as they are masters of hiding I haven't seen more than that out at the same time. If you only want to keep two, definitely leave tem in there. Maybe just move some of your plants together a bit closer to provide more cover.

Oh congrats! You should post pics on my fry lovers thread... what color variations?

And also.. it takes a while to tell the difference between sexes, you could always get a breeder box or net or make one yourself. Or if ur goin all natural looks like you have plenty of hiding but you will need some loose plants for if they come up to et

Back
Top Bottom