O.o danio eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking in at my fish and the female danio that was fat is now skinny and I looked around the tank because I was like "I can never find the freakin eggs! where are they!?" So I look on one of the fake plants and there's a bunch of brown stuff on it, they're mostly clumped together and some are like little dots? are these danio eggs? o.o

The eggs are tiny and white/grey, and most likely eaten. Most of the time when I see my Danio's spawn in the main tank, the rest of the danio's and the swordtails are following right behind them sucking up the eggs like caviar. I've watched them spawn many times and have yet to see any eggs or fry survive.

On the other hand, putting them into a 10 gallon with UGF plates and no substrate worked out great. TONS of fry. I was just stupid though, and didn't have the right food ready for them so only a half dozen survived :(

Do a gravel vac. That is where most of the eggs are. Then just put an airstone (barely on) in the bucket and wait a week before trying to transfer them. They will hang out at the bottom and on the sides for several days. Then they become heliophilic and will "go towards the light." You can use this to sort them. Hikari First Bites is a commercial food small enough for them to eat. In a few days they will take newly hatched brine shrimp.

I've kept danio fry before (never to adult hood because i never wanted to) but I was just curious if they were eggs or not or just some crap I was finding in my tanks lol

Back
Top Bottom