Odessa barb eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Consultree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Odessa Barbs spawned today. I have removed the parents and begun hatching baby brine. Any advice on how to raise would've helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do water changes more often to keep the water healthier for your fry(and this will promote better rapid growth)but keep the new water parameters as close as you can to the original waters tank.

8 fry a week old. Super veracious feeders.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417388932.004102.jpg

Consultree
How did you get your Odessas to breed? I have a female and a male i would like to breed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I fed them twice daily for a couple of days in their community tank. Then I moved the female and male at night to reduce stress. I have a two gallon tank set up with a small bunch of live plants, Rotala indica. My tank is near a window, I know it's a no no but it triggers natural spawning. At around 10 in the morning they had spawned and begun foraging for eggs so I removed the parents. I'm not in it for major production so I only get 8 or so babies per breeding. I have lots of snails and scuds in my tank to clean up waste and they eat some eggs. Good luck

Sounds good, thanks for your help....im going to give it a try. Ill keep you posted on how it goes. :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom