Oranda &black moor eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naomi93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got home from work to find lots of egg like balls all over the tank and plant. Can orandas and black moors breed? What do I do? Are they eggs? If so when will they hatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As far as I know any goldfish can have babies with any other breed of goldfish. I had an egg lay a month ago where the mother is a calico fantail and the father is a black moor. If the eggs are white remove them from the tank they are infertile and will grow fungus and make other eggs infertile. Fertile eggs are usually clear and if there is a black dot in them then you are going to have some babies soon :)

If you want to try to help any survive. Take a plant or ornament they are attached too and put them into separate tank/bucket/bowl and place some tank water from the main tank in it to about 6inches high. The babies survive on there egg sac until they become free swimming then you want to feed them every 3-4hours. You can buy fishfry food from the lfs as well as freshly hatched brimeshrimp eggs. If you have none of this then boil an egg mix the Yoke only with some tank water to make a protein rich baby food.

Back
Top Bottom