Oscar breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aubreekay1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my oscars are facing each other wiggling their tails at each other and I guess cuddling... how do oscars mate ??

Also my oscar was pooping white could it have been parasites?

Ok so my oscars are facing each other wiggling their tails at each other and I guess cuddling... how do oscars mate ??

Oscars breed the exact same way your Angelfish do except they do it on a flat rock on the bottom of the tank not at an angle.
The white poop could be a worm but it also could be from swallowing some of the gravel when preparing the spawning site. make sure that white poop isn't wiggling on it's own. If it is, it's a worm and the fish will not breed due to the stress.

(y)

Thanks I was scared for a min I was like that can't be normal he was acting funny and loosing color and bloated a bit (maybe its babys) but I bought a general parasite kit and it seems to be helping his poop is not white anymore and he is swimming all over again :).... I wish I could tell which one is male or female

Or not spoke too soon =( my poor oscar =( he looks rough. I think something else is wrong he is just tilted sideways at the bottem of the tank loosin color again and breathing slow don't know what to do I'm so upset he is my fav fish besides my angels

Or not spoke too soon =( my poor oscar =( he looks rough. I think something else is wrong he is just tilted sideways at the bottem of the tank loosin color again and breathing slow don't know what to do I'm so upset he is my fav fish besides my angels
Did he rub his side on the bottom (flashing)?

This could be an external parasite such as ich. Or it could be an internal. Do some water changes and goodluck, hopefully someone with more experience comments!

No I treated for ick wasting hole in head and a few other things he was fine yesterday being his happy self now he's just tilted looking miserable laying on the bottem of the tank floor

Are his fins torn looking? If so it could be fin rot. Get some anti bacterial medicine to use on him if so. Just keep dosing what you have and he should improve... If not get some medicated food.did you take the carbon out of your filter before adding medication. Also is he bloated?

Yes he's was blosted he is not showing now.. and yes the filter has been out since I've treated for ick last week n he didn't get better so I've been trying anything I can

Ok so I bought triple sulfa I always thought his eye was just like that ... he looks so miserable I feel bad for him laying there. Just put it in so let's hope it works

I don't think he is going to make it I didn't notice the signs soon enough because he really wasn't showing any besides the white poop... ill walk away n come back n he will b laying on the bottom tilted only moving when I tap at the tank =( ugh I'm so sad I could cry #tear

I don't think he is going to make it I didn't notice the signs soon enough because he really wasn't showing any besides the white poop... ill walk away n come back n he will b laying on the bottom tilted only moving when I tap at the tank =( ugh I'm so sad I could cry #tear
Dont give up on him yet! He could still make it, be optimistic! He's a fighter common!

Ok now albi is doing it to what do I do from step one do I take them 2 out and put them in a quarantine? Do I remove the fish that are not sick and put them with my angles? But I only have a 20 gal for them so not enough room .. =(

Ok now albi is doing it to what do I do from step one do I take them 2 out and put them in a quarantine? Do I remove the fish that are not sick and put them with my angles? But I only have a 20 gal for them so not enough room .. =(
Dose the whole tank with the medicine keep it up, keep clean water, watch carefully. The parasite could already be in them. If you move the fish with them over to another tank, then it could infect them. Just medicate these ones and hopefully they get better.

So just tested water levels r at gh-60 kh- 40 ph6.5-
7.0. No2 -1 no3 80 is that to high?

Changed water medicated it now going to get. Medicated food it deff is internal parasites. I can see a worm dangling from my frontosa =( hopefully I can get rid of them soon

Poor guy has a worm hanging out and now the others are showing the white poop after I treated the tank does that mean their coming out of there system??

ForumRunner_20131206_081810.jpg

Poor guy has a worm hanging out and now the others are showing the white poop after I treated the tank does that mean their coming out of there system??

View attachment 210823

Yes it does. Once they're out of the fish, the fish have a better chance of healing.. I would also get Maracyn-2 which is an antibiotic that treats the fish from the inside. Once you see no more worms, you'd use the M-2 to help heal any internal damage the worms may have caused.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom