Panda Cories (now with Pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drobertson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was cleaning my 10gal planted, was doing a total tear down and replant, when I found 3 Panda Cory babies. I have had panda's for over ten years and never had a pair breed. Now the question, any thing special I need to do with the little ones? :D

How small? Baby cories need a well established tank to root around in for food. When they are a couple of weeks old fine flakes are ok.

from an 1/8th to 1/4 inch in length. The tank is an established tank that is heavily planted. fortunately this tank is fed a crushed flake food, and it seems that the fry are eating what sinks. the are the cutest little devils.

omg, panda babies! How great!! Congrats... if you ever figure out how you encouraged it, let me know!

img_802551_0_03b41738713dc136730460f70f5186a0.jpg

Here is the best pic I could get with the biggest of the new kids next to mom for size reference.

Wow, I want that too and am planning. Do you have other fish in the tank? I wonder how to pretect babies from eaten.

gu2high said:
Wow, I want that too and am planning. Do you have other fish in the tank? I wonder how to pretect babies from eaten.

There are Neon Tetra's and Guppies in the tank. There is also a lot of Java and Xmas moss for them to hide in.

I guess I should let java moss grow directly on substrate for them to hide in the main tank. Anyway, I will empty my 10gal tank in a month - currently hold 20 guppies in it - then put my remaining 3 panda in it to breed. I don't know whether they are the same sex or not and hope they are not.

Back
Top Bottom