perfect food for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what's the emergency and that's if you live close by though. I live in south Carolina. I would still have to keep them for 2 months so they are big enough and socialized enough.

Lol it's fine. Just thought it would be sweet if I were living in SC. I just got 3 juli corys for my 20g, temporarily till I get the cory tank cycled. And some java moss to decorate more of the drift wood

yea you could have all the Corys your hearts desire XD. I think its going to be a mix batch of leopards and albinos. that's what it is with my fry I have now from the first batch. that's cool you got more Corys. though what was the angelfish emergency?

oh I spoke to my LFS and he said since it isn't a wide scale project that I don't have to get a breeders license. since I'm just selling to him. now if I was doing shipping then I would need a license. which that's good cause he is going to get a lot of Corys XD.

oh I spoke to my LFS and he said since it isn't a wide scale project that I don't have to get a breeders license. since I'm just selling to him. now if I was doing shipping then I would need a license. which that's good cause he is going to get a lot of Corys XD.

Lol your lfs owner is stoked, clean tanksツ

& as for the emergency, I was given a 10g tank for free, but it came with an angelfish. Five whole free inches of angelfish, in a 10g tank. I looked at the lady like she was crazy for keeping him in there. Plus she gave me everything free, free broken filter, and a thing of fish flakes. No water conditioner, don't think she ever conditioned the water.

Needless to say, put him in my started cory tank (since he is agressive) instead of my CT.

But it worked out, I have a new 10g planted cycling for them as we speak.

I took the angelfish to my lfs today and donated him. I now have a 10g quarantine tank=)

horrible fish owner

ooo I really am ticked off right now. this friend of my neighbors wanted to dump his fish since he was moving. so I said to my neighbor no I will take them. I was thinking it would be a nice tank and setup. no what do I get a filthy filled tank with gravel at the bottom. and crappy water that light wasn't able to penetrate. so in the mayhem out of 20 reported fish 2 neons, I think its a silver dollar and its rotting mate that was dead for at least 3 days, and a poor lonely I think bronze Cory catfish. I was so furious and still am if I wasn't busy with the fish I would strangle the sap who had them. really crappy water nothing to hide in and undersized filtration. so I put them in with the mosquito fish in the 10g. and immediately put some conditioner in the water to help with them back to par. stupid people. at least I get a 30g tank and that will be put to good use for the fry to come XD. what have I gotten into next thing you know I will become a fish sanctuary or rescue center XD.

ooo I really am ticked off right now. this friend of my neighbors wanted to dump his fish since he was moving. so I said to my neighbor no I will take them. I was thinking it would be a nice tank and setup. no what do I get a filthy filled tank with gravel at the bottom. and crappy water that light wasn't able to penetrate. so in the mayhem out of 20 reported fish 2 neons, I think its a silver dollar and its rotting mate that was dead for at least 3 days, and a poor lonely I think bronze Cory catfish. I was so furious and still am if I wasn't busy with the fish I would strangle the sap who had them. really crappy water nothing to hide in and undersized filtration. so I put them in with the mosquito fish in the 10g. and immediately put some conditioner in the water to help with them back to par. stupid people. at least I get a 30g tank and that will be put to good use for the fry to come XD. what have I gotten into next thing you know I will become a fish sanctuary or rescue center XD.

Bahaha, I would help you strangle him! That is so cruel! I can't believe some people can just throw away precious life.

You have a good heart, and I am thankful for people like you! I just suffer from guilt and can't allow myself to do stuff like that.

At least they sacrificed their home for new cory fish to come=)

it wasn't much of a home more of a torture room. well everyone has survived the night hoping they get better. the catfish still isn't doing to well. I allowed one of my corys to say hi for a brief time since I checked fore diseases and saw none. hoping that gave him encouragement to hang on and get through this. basically he is really stressed right now. he was in a dark and inhabitable conditions and then he gets light and food and clean water. so much for him to take in. if he makes it to the end of this week then he can go in the main tank. I think that's what he really needs after he recovers is companionship of his own kind. by the way its not a silver dollar but its some where in that species I think. the owner wanted money for the fish, fish tank, pumps, filters, and a heater. I gave him 17 dollars and he aint having anymore money. not after inventorying what needs to be replaced or not. cause it would take close to 100 dollars or more to get it running not including décor for it. I literately have a tank, with hood and light that works, and some stressed and injured fish. which when I have to put in more than what I have to give then I give very less. oh 1 of the neons has a bent downward tail don't know how but I hope he heals also. on the plus side one more day and I will have a big batch of Cory eggs hatch hopefully.

Last edited:
=( Seems like they were living in a nightmare, glad to hear they are still swimming. Best wishes to all your fishes. Including the ones to come=) &I too have a neon that swims with his tail downward, but I got him from petco.

survivors and then there were 3 :(

this weird guy but beautiful following the last neon far right corner.

the Cory far bottom left with the same last neon center.

30g tank that was there prison getting a much needed make over XD :)

Last edited:
Lol cute tetras! And what kind of cory is that? looks like the bronze. And dang you got that 30g under 20$ niiiiiice.

I am glad you are taking care of that tank. Looks like it can be beautiful. Did it come with the plants (live?) and sand?

And this is the tank that had impenetrable water?

what do you mean tetras do you know what the new silver fish is? yes that's the 30g and it really just came with gravel I threw out, a filter I cant use but got one I can from LFS for free, lighting, and air pumps that I hooked one of my air stones to. I don't trust the one the guy had it looks tore up and blah. oh and the Cory is either bronze or emerald I cant be sure till he gets his color back. I also had to pay an extra 20 dollars but that is a total of 37 which isn't to bad XD. the plants at the bottom are live and I will keep you guys posted on its transformation sorry I didn't post a pic of it before I cleaned it though it be an embarrassment as a fish owner to not clean it right away and besides it stunk badly.

Last edited:
Sorry last night I just got off work when I posted that. I'm not sure what he could be.

And hey, I bought a penguin 150 for my 20g and put the 100 on the 10g. Hope the media in my filter boost bb growth=)

& I know what you mean. As soon as I got the angelfish quarantined, I went straight to cleaning his filthy-smells-like-something-dead 10g tank.

Looks good so far wish sand was easier to get here in hawaii. I might try order something online and see if I like online ordering. But keep it up! Your fish are going to love you. I kinda miss the angelfish, but didn't want to get a bigger tank so it was the best to donate him.

30g tank so far

before

front view

close up 1

close up 2

whatcha think so far? oh and on close up 1 that is a close up of a stick I planted plants around going to fill it in like a natural plant cave XD. don't mind the low light also its not leds or florescent it actually takes bulbs.

Last edited:
Oh wow, that's neat. A living cave;D
Lookin' Good, are you going to put the fish you got, back in that tank?

Or are you going to cycle it for a cory fry tank? =)

yea its going to be a fry tank. the rescued fish are going to go in CT except neon I might get more if he makes it to the end of this week and put him in 30g. but for now he stays in with the mosquito fish. I wont put in any fish till this Sunday. the rescued silver fish will fit in with the tiger barbs since he is territorial and aggressive a bit. guess its a species thing but he is protective of his Cory bud awwww. and his Cory bud will fit in with the other Corys. nothing has hatched yet but tomorrow we will see XD. they were laid late at night on the 22 so it might be a late hatching to early morning who knows XD.

Last edited:
advice for getting sand for hawaii

ok so I spoke with my dad who was stationed at Hawaii and he said what you can do is get some sand from a beach or lake. put it in pantyhose and have enough room for it to expand between the sand and a knot you will put in it. run freshwater through the sand till you get freshwater to come out the other end. then take a pot and boil it about 5 times till you get freshwater from it again. that way its cleaned of salinity and purified from any pest. hope this helps and depending on where you live you can also use the black lava sand XD.

Sweet, I will get some sand tomorrow & try that!=)

& sweet, keep me posted with the eggs:D

It's cute that the semi-aggressive fish is best buds with a cory.

I think it was cause he didn't know he was a cory till he could smell right and see. also think its cause he grew up with him and relied on him who knows its just so cute XD

Back
Top Bottom