perfect food for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea my female albino laid eggs about 100 I think. I hope all are fertile. and will hatch. also hoping my mosquito fish give birth and that the fry find the many hiding spots in there.

XD its not hard to get mine to breed. oh the duel is working sortof. but I got some valves put in so I got aeration to the 30g and I switch the aeration to the hatchling tank from the 40g to the one on the fixed duel. and the hatchling container is in the 30g

XD its not hard to get mine to breed. oh the duel is working sortof. but I got some valves put in so I got aeration to the 30g and I switch the aeration to the hatchling tank from the 40g to the one on the fixed duel. and the hatchling container is in the 30g

Nice sized hatchery dang. Hope the batch is well fertilized=)

ok to be honest with you so for the first batch I finally got to hatch (talking about the 1 month fry I have) 30 eggs laid. 20 eggs hatched. 2 hatchlings went missing = 18. 5 had been put in the 10g and died thought they were ready and dad said all were coming to the top to breath = 13. 2 went missing again don't know how 11. and 3 sadly died today because I didn't think to clean the breeders pen 1 time a week = 8. 1 of which some how has a tail injury probable from the other bigger fry and I don't think he will make it so basically I am down to 7. 4 of those 7 are in a separate container I got due to them being the biggest. trying to get the runts to par. so out of all that I learned to clean the pens 1 week. atleast the breeder pins and to also do the daily food scrape cleaning. never have eggs with hatchlings. or you could get a worm that will invade the fry and eggs and they will kill them. ignore my dad about asking and pestering when I will move the fry. after hatching switch them to separate container. after 1 week feed them 2 times a day. after 1 month separate the runts from the bigger fry. maybe after 2 months they can go in a tank by themselves or with docile fish that are to small to eat the fry. after 3 months or when you see they are big enough to go in the main tank you can. so that is all my advice on Cory breeding though it may be easy for your fish to breed taking care of the eggs and fry aren't. even I'm not perfect at all XD. but hay this was my first real trial run with Cory eggs, to hatchlings, to fry. I just wanted to be honest with you guys since this is about fry rather have hardship the first round so then I know exactly what to do with the 10 hatchlings I have now and the 100 eggs that will hatch in 2 days. oh also increase the temp to 82 for the quick 3 day gestation XD. hope this helps. and don't get frustrated your first time corys are really hard to get to adulthood. oh I have 1 big container for the eggs. 1 specimen separation container for hatchlings. both of those have air stones. 1 breeder pin for the smaller 1 month fry 4 in there. and another breeder pin for the larger fry 4 in there also. this is like this to keep the eggs from food, easy maintenance, and to get any runts up and big. no I didn't have it setup like this before wish I had though . now I am going to put in my calendar the eggs hatch time, soon to be 1 weeks double feeding time, and maintenance time. think this will help me a lot XD. oh you can also use frozen brime shrimp if your like me and cant hatch them to save your life XD.

Last edited:
ok to be honest with you so for the first batch I finally got to hatch (talking about the 1 month fry I have) 30 eggs laid. 20 eggs hatched. 2 hatchlings went missing = 18. 5 had been put in the 10g and died thought they were ready and dad said all were coming to the top to breath = 13. 2 went missing again don't know how 11. and 3 sadly died today because I didn't think to clean the breeders pen 1 time a week = 8. 1 of which some how has a tail injury probable from the other bigger fry and I don't think he will make it so basically I am down to 7. 4 of those 7 are in a separate container I got due to them being the biggest. trying to get the runts to par. so out of all that I learned to clean the pens 1 week. atleast the breeder pins and to also do the daily food scrape cleaning. never have eggs with hatchlings. or you could get a worm that will invade the fry and eggs and they will kill them. ignore my dad about asking and pestering when I will move the fry. after hatching switch them to separate container. after 1 week feed them 2 times a day. after 1 month separate the runts from the bigger fry. maybe after 2 months they can go in a tank by themselves or with docile fish that are to small to eat the fry. after 3 months or when you see they are big enough to go in the main tank you can. so that is all my advice on Cory breeding though it may be easy for your fish to breed taking care of the eggs and fry aren't. even I'm not perfect at all XD. but hay this was my first real trial run with Cory eggs, to hatchlings, to fry. I just wanted to be honest with you guys since this is about fry rather have hardship the first round so then I know exactly what to do with the 10 hatchlings I have now and the 100 eggs that will hatch in 2 days. oh also increase the temp to 82 for the quick 3 day gestation XD. hope this helps. and don't get frustrated your first time corys are really hard to get to adulthood. oh I have 1 big container for the eggs. 1 specimen separation container for hatchlings. both of those have air stones. 1 breeder pin for the smaller 1 month fry 4 in there. and another breeder pin for the larger fry 4 in there also. this is like this to keep the eggs from food, easy maintenance, and to get any runts up and big. no I didn't have it setup like this before wish I had though . now I am going to put in my calendar the eggs hatch time, soon to be 1 weeks double feeding time, and maintenance time. think this will help me a lot XD. oh you can also use frozen brime shrimp if your like me and cant hatch them to save your life XD.

Aww, sorry for your losses ..
I have 2 from my first batch that I never knew about and they must be 7 months old now and as big as their dad :) they were born in my 55g community so survived well :)
this little one in my tiny fry tank is only a few days old he's tiny ;) I bought him a new fake plant to hide so the baby guppies don't pester him , it is well covered with other plants and hiding places, but he took refuge under a moss ball ;) I just can't get over how instinctually they start to dig in the sand , so funny to watch cos he's so tiny :D

yea the last 2 dark ones died so 6 still kicking. I think the dark ones finally died due to issues of their parent dad being to young to breed. though the new ones I have the eggs are hopefully just albino. the hatchlings I know are albino so hopefully no issues there. we will see in 1 month and almost 2 weeks if they make it to 3 months. hoping for better odds for the eggs since I finally got my feet wet and know what to do now XD.

Well I can admit my boss fired me recently, so I have been picking coffee at my grandparents house just to get by =(

I got three juli corys for the CT and my juvenile spotted cory passed away=(((
not only was he the smallest, but there was no more of his kind in my area.

I miss him, his name was Taiko.

As for the sand, I haven't been able to bring sand back to my house to use.
But once I do, I will=)
I got some rocks from my grandparents farm and turns out they are good to use=)
Put some in my QT, I will post pics in the morning!

cool this is my pics
30g that just has mosquito fish and hatchling container

new hatchlings from second batch

neons 10g

new eggs

1 month fry\

1 month fry

Last edited:
yea I had 100 eggs laid and about 46 have hatched. I know exactly 34 are still in the other pin and about 20 eggs I moved to the hatchling pin cause they were moving around. hopefully when I get back from work I will have more hatchlings XD.

well more eggs hatch but 1 of my albino 1 month fry died. really hope to get the last ones big enough. maybe ask my lfs if he has any ideas.

well more eggs hatch but 1 of my albino 1 month fry died. really hope to get the last ones big enough. maybe ask my lfs if he has any ideas.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about our albino cory. Hope he can give you some info, maybe ask him who he gets his cory from and if you could exchange info? That would be neat.

Back
Top Bottom