Pineapple Wag Swordtail and Tuxedo Swordtail MATE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you following the journey?

• Total voters
Thats a pretty good pictures, how many days in is she now? Still in the first half I guess.. I looked at the original on page one and compared it, she is a little more "puffy" on the underside ;) Pregnancy agrees with her, oh and hey, thanks for getting out the good camera and taking a picture, I know your busy and all with searching wikapedia, LOL!!!!

Thats a pretty good pictures, how many days in is she now? Still in the first half I guess.. I looked at the original on page one and compared it, she is a little more "puffy" on the underside ;) Pregnancy agrees with her, oh and hey, thanks for getting out the good camera and taking a picture, I know your busy and all with searching wikapedia, LOL!!!!

She's 13 days prego!!!!! Only ~2 weeks left!!!!!
:lol::fish2::lol::fish2::lol::fish2::lol:

well she should start plumping up real soon then!! :) Are they continuing to mate?

well she should start plumping up real soon then!! :) Are they continuing to mate?

Sadly enough no the male just hides in the cave or in my mixture of L. Repen and moneywort so the female can't get him. It's sad :( but funny :ROFLMAO:

they get the biggest in the last couple weeks. You know its really hard to tell. I had a small creamcycle molly that had 13 babies (that survived-so who knows how many she actually had, plus I didnt have them in a breeder tank or anything) she was a small fish with a large belly, but didnt look like enough room for 13 +babies....

Then ive had other fish that have only like 5 or 6.... theres really no way to tell.

PLUS, remember that the due date is only aproxamate.. I know there are some of use whos fish have babies every 28 days or whatever, but there are also MANY people on here who are wondering WHEN there fish will ever drop her fry... Right now I have a VERY pregnant balloon molly that has got to be "overdue" and im just waiting.... she hasnt showed any signs of birth coming.... but she does look like shes squaring off....

they get the biggest in the last couple weeks. You know its really hard to tell. I had a small creamcycle molly that had 13 babies (that survived-so who knows how many she actually had, plus I didnt have them in a breeder tank or anything) she was a small fish with a large belly, but didnt look like enough room for 13 +babies....

Then ive had other fish that have only like 5 or 6.... theres really no way to tell.

PLUS, remember that the due date is only aproxamate.. I know there are some of use whos fish have babies every 28 days or whatever, but there are also MANY people on here who are wondering WHEN there fish will ever drop her fry... Right now I have a VERY pregnant balloon molly that has got to be "overdue" and im just waiting.... she hasnt showed any signs of birth coming.... but she does look like shes squaring off....

OK! :thanks:

Interesting! I hav a female the same color as ur male. My male orange and black swordtail started mating withe her the other day but he's kinda old so I don't know of he's fertil.

Tasha said:

How can u tell w baloon mollies?

How can u tell w baloon mollies?

Same as with any other fish. Gravid spot, enlarging belly. My creamcycle balloon, I could see the eggs in her, shes so light back there, and now shes just growing and growing, and starting to square off, the other one, this batch of babies must be dark in color shes has quite a dark gravid spot. I dont know if I coudl tell if anyones balloons were pregnant, unless they were well into pregnancy, but mine was easy, I watched them grow and change... :)

Tasha said:
Same as with any other fish. Gravid spot, enlarging belly. My creamcycle balloon, I could see the eggs in her, shes so light back there, and now shes just growing and growing, and starting to square off, the other one, this batch of babies must be dark in color shes has quite a dark gravid spot. I dont know if I coudl tell if anyones balloons were pregnant, unless they were well into pregnancy, but mine was easy, I watched them grow and change... :)

You know wats weird? I had a pregnant fancy guppy that was supposed to be do in half a month but just the othr day I noticed that she go skinier. I think it's cas I havent fed her that much but then I could see the gravid spot so idk.

i am going to start following this thread! very intresting comment going on lol, by the way awsome plant!

I'll be watching this thread. Any plans for the fry? Are you going to throw them in a spare tank or what? Pictures compliment threads you know ;)

You know wats weird? I had a pregnant fancy guppy that was supposed to be do in half a month but just the othr day I noticed that she go skinier. I think it's cas I havent fed her that much but then I could see the gravid spot so idk.
when the eggs hatch inside them they get skinnier,then they get bigger as the fry grow.

I've have also succesfully breed two swordtails. a male that is orange w a back sword and a pink femal with black fins. I hope I get a male with a pink and orange striped tail that would be so legit!

Back
Top Bottom