Pineapple Wag Swordtail and Tuxedo Swordtail MATE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you following the journey?

• Total voters
She's already fat and can see not alot of a dark gravid spot but its growing. I'm looking at at least fifty fry

Maybe she didnt take to the first round of mating :) Squaring off is a good thing, wont be too long now.... I think its time for a new picture :)

I was laughing so hard after reading this thread haha. I have been researching breeding guppies all day. I have never experienced a prego fish and hopefully with some guppies I will. Btw I want fancy guppies!!! :)

maddybrat said:
I was laughing so hard after reading this thread haha. I have been researching breeding guppies all day. I have never experienced a prego fish and hopefully with some guppies I will. Btw I want fancy guppies!!! :)

That will work. U can buy the fish pregnant or just buy 1 male 2 female. How big is your tank?

maddybrat said:

IMO get the biggest male as he will most likely be sexually mature.

GhillieSniper115 said:
That will work. U can buy the fish pregnant or just buy 1 male 2 female. How big is your tank?

I have a ten gallon. When the female gets prego I will move her to a smaller tank. 5 gal where she will stay until she gives birth. Then after birth I will move her back to the ten gallon. :)

maddybrat said:
I have a ten gallon. When the female gets prego I will move her to a smaller tank. 5 gal where she will stay until she gives birth. Then after birth I will move her back to the ten gallon. :)

Do u want a only Guppy tank?
If so I recommend 2 male and 4 female. IMO with that stock u would be able to keep some of the fry.

maddybrat said:

K but u got to be careful cas she will eat her young. Alot of plants or a breeder box will work

Hey does anyone have any experience and or access to montezuma swordtails? I am gonna start my own thread but Ill ask y'all first. Thanks and I like this thread.

Hey does anyone have any experience and or access to montezuma swordtails? I am gonna start my own thread but Ill ask y'all first. Thanks and I like this thread.

My LFS (none chain store) sells those! They probably have the same needs as the regular swords!

Ohhh NAVY! :eek: COOL

Fishman13 said:
My LFS (none chain store) sells those! They probably have the same needs as the regular swords!

Ohhh NAVY! :eek: COOL

Thanks none of my real LFS have them. I think I will have to order them online if I can find them there

Back
Top Bottom