Platy baby's,Need help quik!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shumway

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just picked up some platy's today for my 55g community tank and now i have baby's already 8O

Is there anything i can do to help protect them? My girlfriend is going nut's thinking they are all going to be ate up.

I don't have to much cover for them to hide in,I just have a couple fake plant's and 2 pile's of rock's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

LFS will usually sell some little plastic breeder tanks that sit inside your aquarium and protect the babies - but catching the babies is a pain. Otherwise they will most likely be eaten unless you have TONS of cover.

Moved to the breeding forum.

If you want to keep the fry you may want to invest in another tank. Preferably a 10 gal. We had several of our Africans that were holding fry on a regular basis. It got to the point that we had two 10 gal tanks and a 29 full of fry. Eventually we just had to let nature take it's course in survival of the fittest. It's cute looking into the tank and seeing 20 big fish and 6 small fry.

I know about breeder trap's but the problem is i just spent the last of my money on a bunch of fish today :(

Anyone have idea's for a DIY ?

I was thinking maybe pulling a couple of the plant's and bunching them up for now,Think that would work?

I have no other tank's to use or i would set one up,Just sold my 20g yesterday to get money for my fish.

Back
Top Bottom