platy breeding question!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just add water. :D One male plus a female should do the trick!

They need no trigger, one male and up to a dozen or more females =babies. Favoring the fry to live and not get eaten is a little trickier, but not hard. Dense plants are good, live ideal. The best way to produce a lot of fry are to put pregnant females in a separate tank right before they give birth, when they do put them back in the main tank.

ohhhh ok im looking into getting some platys this week well my sister is giving me 1 blue mickey (female) 1 sunburst mickey (male) 2 red wag male and female and 2 sunburst male and female so im planing on breeding them

I have one male and 6 female Platys (I had 2 other males but the one I have was too territorial and stressed the other two out so much he ended up killing them) And it always seems like one of my females are pregnant. They all get along great though. We had fry live once for a few weeks. We had 3. We had floating plants that they were staying in. Which we though was going to work out well, but one morning they were gone.. guess they got eaten which was ashame. But we bought a 10 gallon for future fry to live in so hopefully it works out.
Good luck with your Platys!! They are silly little fish that are very entertaining to watch.

Back
Top Bottom