Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Platy fry

I was just doing a PWC when I looked at my breeding trap and swimming with my blue mickey mouse platy were 4 fry! I started looking In the trap and found 5 more. Then I went on with my cleaning, when I was done I looked at the gravel and what did I see? 2 little platy fry! They are smaller then guppies and slippes through the holes on my trap, so warning if you haber platy fry due make sure they cant slip through the holes one your trap

GuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyLover View Post
I was just doing a PWC when I looked at my breeding trap and swimming with my blue mickey mouse platy were 4 fry! I started looking In the trap and found 5 more. Then I went on with my cleaning, when I was done I looked at the gravel and what did I see? 2 little platy fry! They are smaller then guppies and slippes through the holes on my trap, so warning if you haber platy fry due make sure they cant slip through the holes one your trap

Congrats! I've had two batches of platy fry. Only one survived from the first batch because of their size and falling through the trap so I bought a tank divider and the fry are living on the one side until I can figure out what to do with them all. There were 43! I think the weaker ones are dying though because I've had them a week and I can only count about 30 now. Good luck with your fry! Aren't they adorable??

angloe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good Luck!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Congrats on the new fry! My guppy just had fry and they were pretty tiny too, same size as my friends platty fry at birth, my mollies have way bigger fry.
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks guys!

Tasha, My mailbox is full and I cant delete messages on my phone or I would have inboxed you. Last night Oreo (TB) passed away. I found her this morning curled in a very tight S

GuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Tasha, My mailbox is full and I cant delete messages on my phone or I would have inboxed you. Last night Oreo (TB) passed away. I found her this morning curled in a very tight S
So sad
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Oh Im so sorry!!! Well she sounds to have had a really bad and hard case, so shes probably doing much better now in fish heaven ((HUGS))

RIP Oreo

Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fry, platy, platy fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com