Platy fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Platy just had fry! I went to check on the fish, an there she was, having fry! I saw her have 3 fry, but I only got to save 1 :( I tried to save the ones I saw, but I couldn't find them. The rest are either hiding or have been eaten.
I put the 1 fry I got to rescue in my 10 gallon. Because I only have 1, how am I going to get feed it?
Thanks for reading,
--Fishdude25

fishdude25 said:
My Platy just had fry! I went to check on the fish, an there she was, having fry! I saw her have 3 fry, but I only got to save 1 :( I tried to save the ones I saw, but I couldn't find them. The rest are either hiding or have been eaten.
I put the 1 fry I got to rescue in my 10 gallon. Because I only have 1, how am I going to get feed it?
Thanks for reading,
--Fishdude25

Can feed crushed flakes or for some reason you don't have that boiled egg yolk crushed . Also can feed brine shrimp and micro bacteria. Can use toothpick to feed them also.

take some of the flakes you regularly feed, put it in a small ziplock bag and crush the devil out of those flakes. then when it is feeding time just put a tiny amount in there. don't forget to feed the big tank a little of the baby flakes too. you probably have some hiding in there and don't even know it. I just found a baby platy that I thought had been eaten! he has been hiding for 3 weeks now - never saw him! if they are good at hiding they are good at surviving so make sure you are feeding him if he is in there. the other fish can eat those little flakes too, so it won't go to waste

also make sure you have some good hiding spots in the big tank for them... just in case

congrats!

fishdude25 said:
I feed nls pellets, how will I crush it into a powder?

You could use 2 spoons and just smash it up by grinding it that's usual what I do. Only idea I got for now!

fry food

if you have a spice grinder or coffee grinder clean it out and use that one i got mine at a garage sale

or just go out and buy a thing of tropical flakes...
you could use it just for babies

i just found about 20 fry which were really hard to find.My fry tend to live off natarual foods in my aquarium so its hard work to feed them flake.

I don't really feed mine anything special I just grind up the flakes and when I feed everyone else i put some of the fine stuff in there too until they get bigger. They seem to find food in there

Back
Top Bottom