Platy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlyf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 45 gal with some platys that just dropped fry on friday. I had all intentions on letting mature take its course, so I put down some artificial grasses for them to hide in. But when I saw them I felt guilty because my usually shy barbs were scouting out the area for a meal :((
I scooped them all up (12 of them) and put them in a breeder box with holes. I feed them First Bites.
Just this morning I fed them and noticed one that looked dead. But he is not dead. He looks like he's having trouble with his tail fin. He gets up and swims around, but then rests on the bottom again... what should I do for him? Did I do something wrong?

Again please take into consideration that I didn't plan on keeping them in a breeder. But I'm a super softy and wanted to keep them safe. I can upload pics if needed

I have a 45 gal with some platys that just dropped fry on friday. I had all intentions on letting mature take its course, so I put down some artificial grasses for them to hide in. But when I saw them I felt guilty because my usually shy barbs were scouting out the area for a meal :((
I scooped them all up (12 of them) and put them in a breeder box with holes. I feed them First Bites.
Just this morning I fed them and noticed one that looked dead. But he is not dead. He looks like he's having trouble with his tail fin. He gets up and swims around, but then rests on the bottom again... what should I do for him? Did I do something wrong?

Again please take into consideration that I didn't plan on keeping them in a breeder. But I'm a super softy and wanted to keep them safe. I can upload pics if needed
whenever i kept my fry i crushed flakes into tiny bits of powder and fed it. its probably just got some issue with its tail, it may outgrow it. Is it eating?

Well I got back from work and he's lying on the bottom still. not moving anything but his tiny swimming fins... :c can't wait till I can put them in with the rest. hopefully they grow fast

Back
Top Bottom