Platy Prego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirkeen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

woke up this morning and came to the conclusion that my platy is prego. She has been getting larger and larger lately, and I just pinned it on a growing girl, but this morning, she sure does look like she has got company inside of her. I have a 20 gallon hex tank right now, with some white clouds, otts, danios, cory, and two platys. The tank has a pretty stiff current, so I am worried about the girl and her babies. Any suggestions on what I could do to maybe save most of her babies?

you'd probably want to cut down on the current, nothing says "hello world" like being thrown against a glass wall

HA! That would probably be a good idea. I was thinking that someone on here had experience with putting in a divider or creating a new tank for the babies. Any help here would be appreciated, as this is my first prego fish..

What other tankmates? I would set up a 10 gal tank with some media from your established tank to start the cycle and do water changes daily. Or if that isn't possible you can get a breeder box to float off the side of your tank to keep the fry in until they are big enough to survive.

Back
Top Bottom