Platy ready for the breeding box?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is she ready to be put in the breeding box?

She looks pretty boxed it's hard to tell in the pictures.

Attachments

• image-1226908641.jpg
    image-1226908641.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image-891912444.jpg
    image-891912444.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
Is say wait a bit more, mine looked like a balloon Molly when she was going to give birth, what type of breeder box do you have?

Uhh not sure I've got 4 one that kinda sucks (don't use it lol)
A floating one
One that's taller that sticks to the wall (with the option of adding in a divider so mom doesn't eat her babies)
And a large breeding net that is currently housing angel fry (but they can be moved to the others)

It's hard but she literally looks like she's ready to pop! The guy at the store said so too I got her yesterday. I will try to get a better picture if she actually gets near me!

Yea a better pic will help

I used the one with the divider so the mom doesn't eat the babies, you should use that one, because she will, livebearers are known for eating their babies, that one worked pretty good for me, I got 28 fry

Yeah I know. I've had plenty of experience of that. I've had plenty of livebearers before. I've just never been at home when they delivered besides a couple times. I came home one day and the mom delivered while at school. But that breeder probably saved the 10 fry I got.

Hello Angel...

You don't have to stress the female by trying to net her and it's not necessary. I keep large tanks of "Livebearers" and found if I have a lot of floating plants like Anacharis and Pennywort in the tank and feed all my fish a little more and a little more often, the adults show little or no interest in the fry.

Just a thought.

B

More pictures:

Attachments

• image-513548813.jpg
    image-513548813.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2512564621.jpg
    image-2512564621.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1926339564.jpg
    image-1926339564.jpg