pleco breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 38g tank would I be able to breed pleco's I have a canister filter for it and and a heater but no light is this proper conditions?? If so what specifications should the water be??(ex: how hot ... Should I add a lil salt... And also should I have black water extract in it??)

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
I have a 38g tank would I be able to breed pleco's I have a canister filter for it and and a heater but no light is this proper conditions?? If so what specifications should the water be??(ex: how hot ... Should I add a lil salt... And also should I have black water extract in it??)

I think it would depend on the pleco. Also if you have a common pleco, it would outgrow your tank.

TenaciousTriggerFish said:

Ya, go with breeding BN plecos. Get say 5 young adults and wait for some to pair off. Get rid of the others and you have a breeding pair

Som pleco takes 4-5 years to get them to breed like common ones which will get to big .

Back
Top Bottom