Plecos bred

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have two plecos in my planted tank. One is an albino BN and one standard BN. I have noticed large areas under my driftwood that were dug out and the male had disappeared. I was doing a water change this morning and saw a little pleco on the glass! I thought if anyone would appreciate it you guys would.

I'm not sure, it's too small to tell so it might be an interesting pleco when it gets big enough to tell. I hope it doesn't get eaten!

Scottyhorse said:
You should post pictures soon! :D

I tried but the little guys moved by the time I got my camera. I think they're only about 4mm. I'm not sure they'll even show up in a photo but ill try.

Here's some pics of the little guys. I only saw two, there may be more but we'll see!

Attachments

• image-540065237.jpg
    image-540065237.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2451276594.jpg
    image-2451276594.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 135
I agree with all of you! I now have at least 4 plecos in a 72g tank. What do you guys think I should do with the babies? I'm going to keep the adults.

Loading... said:
So not albino?:(

No sure, there may be more in there and I haven't seen them yet. I would imagine in a week or two ill know who is swimming around in there. Maybe.

No sure, there may be more in there and I haven't seen them yet. I would imagine in a week or two ill know who is swimming around in there. Maybe.

Albino=recessive allele so I don't think any will be... If your babies breed they will have about 25% albino though

Loading... said:
Albino=recessive allele so I don't think any will be... If your babies breed they will have about 25% albino though

Good to know. AND your user name made me look twice!

Back
Top Bottom