pregnant balloon molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly luver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my molly is fat again after only 2 weeks from last having birth and i can also see that the gravid spot is the same as be4 but how can this be well confusing me any 1 help me out when should i move it to the breeder tap?? i dnt want to loose my fry

i also bought a livebearers breeding trap with v insert and looks like the fry cant fit through it lol

It is possible that your molly is about to give birth again. What size tank and what inhabitants are in the tank? Did you have the molly in a breeder trap when she first gave birth? My mollies always stress a lot in breeder traps so I leave them in the main tank. I have lots of plants and hiding spots as well as the other inhabitants are non-threatening fish. I have lost a few fry but not many. A lot of whether or not you want to put her in a breeder's trap will depend on what your tank is like.

i got 3 i quite a small tank in my room bout 4 gal its only temp due to problems with my 50gal no i didnt have her in a breeder trap last time and lost all the fry although now i have added more plants because of the size of the tank i would like to put her in a breeder trap what do u think??

If you feel that she is about to give birth again, then put her in the breeder's trap. Just watch her closely for signs of stress.

Back
Top Bottom