Pregnant black skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't no much about those type of fish. But she does look pregnant to me :)

Tetras lay eggs, so if you have a male and a female, it is likely the female will lay eggs, and then the male may or may not fertilize them :) if you don't have a male, introducing a new one may not be a good idea. The female probably wouldn't like a strange fish swimming around her eggs.

Thanks i knew they laid eggs was wandering if she was full of eggs. I have a male in the tank will he fertilise the eggs ?

Most likely. She is big and looks like she is going to lay them. If the male sees them he will fertilize them. If he doesn't or he eats the babies, don't worry :) they lay eggs every two weeks, and the good news is, once the eggs have been laid and fertilized they will hatch in about a day. Are there any plastic or real plants in the tank?

Good. The eggs are sticky and when she lays them she just kind of drops them out, and they will stick to plant leafs. This will keep them safe from predators. If you get worried about the parents eating the babies you can wait for the eggs to fertilize, and then move the parents to another tank (if you have one), this is only if you are really worried though. This happens all the time in the wild and babies still live so chances are at least a few fry will survive.

Pink convicts cichlids how can you tell male or female I have three how do I know the difference in them??

Back
Top Bottom