Pregnant Danio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are the drop in filters from top fin. You pull out the old and slide in the new. Its not the first time I have replaced them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As far as the flourish, do you just pour it in or are you supposed to dilute it first somehow?

Hate to break it to you but you're restarting your cycle when you change the filter pads. Just rinse them out in the water you take out during a water change and then put them back in.

Yeah that's what I usually do but they needed to be changed. They were a little over a year old. Maybe next time I just change one at a time.

Just set up my hospital tank tonight. Brand new 20 gal. Any advice on fishless cycling?

Never change the filter cuz the old one has all the bacteria that the fish need. You are basically restarting the cycling process... The only safe way (I think) to change filters is to use the old one and the new one at the same time, so the new one gets cycled and then removed.

Yeah that is true. I did test my water with API master kit and my water parameters were good. I still think I have a parasite problem but maybe there could have been a cycle issue. I have started treatment using API's General Cure and haven't lost fish. The bloated danio appears to be reducing in size but maybe its just my wishful thinking.

I will post later if the treatment worked.

On a more happy note what is the name of the test kit you use. Hope your fish survive

I use the API master test kit. This is an old thread btw. The gen. cure did not work. Wound up losing 5 after all said and done.

Come to think of it I also had a case of randomly dying fish. One by one my long fin Serpae tetras died 4 in all

Back
Top Bottom