Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pregnant Guppies?

are my guppies pregnant? theyíve both recently been displaying odd behaviors, such as slight aggression and agitation towards tank mates and forms of self isolation, which i donít know what to think of. the bigger of the two, whose name is Blossom, has been with me for a couple months now and i will say sheís gotten a bit bigger recently. whatís weird is whenever im sitting at my desk with them and watching them, she never lets the male get too close to her or push her around, sometimes sheís even the one chasing, but i donít know what else would make her look so plump other than pregnancy. the smaller of the two, whose name is Daisy, has barely been with me a full day. i just got her yesterday from a local pet store, which believe it or not had the males and females separated!! but she really does seem to be pregnant! sheís been lying at the bottom of the tank isolated from the others and seems to be getting contractions. she sort of vibrates from time to time and wiggles in the same spot a lot. her gravid spot is much more wider and noticeable that Blossomís, but she isnít as chubby looking. i really donít know what to think!! any insight is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ECC6B55-6ACF-477A-87DD-6E4B719FC6E5.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	317176   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA22DEFF-1DCB-4C26-AEAA-367F45FB0FDF.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	317177  

Old 07-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I guess youíll have to wait and see! If you want to, you can either move the other fish or move the supposedly pregnant female, moving the female is more stressful so if you can take the other fish out and prep her tank for fry just in case. Some precautions would be things like putting floating items up for the fry, or making sure they donít get sucked into a HOB filter. Good luck! Oh, and make sure itís not just bloated.

Tags
guppie, guppies, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com