pregnant guppies and 29 tank rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
They only look slightly preggo, just keep an eye on the gravid spot (image search guppy gravid spot ;))

Well I've been told that since they are light skinned the spot will appear more red than blackish they each have a reddish spot but its very light

I have a clear one (totally clear) and the gravid spot turns light blood red. But I have another that's very clear and partially colored and her gravid spot turned black, so just keep a close eye on them :)

Well I knew for sure that one off them was pregnant, does it look like they both are? Also my male only sticks with one of them, he is constantly by her side should I separate him from the females or keep him with them longer?

How long before they rot? I'm not 100% on what kind of plants they are I am very new to live plants, I do need to get some moss and more live plants for my nursery tank

Really depends on how long they have been submerged. Mine lasted a few months before I notice and pulled them right away. If you like them leave them in. Just keep an eye on them. :)

If you bought those plants in a tube that says aquatic plants, take them out now. Those tuby plants are meant to go into humid terrariums, not submerged or under water

Looks great just needs more plants. And to start off breeding I would just leave the male with those females and let them have there drops in the 29g. You will just need some fake or real plants.

Tip thrift stores have cheap fake plants. Weight them down with some magnets or rocks and they work fine

Artist said:
Looks great just needs more plants. And to start off breeding I would just leave the male with those females and let them have there drops in the 29g. You will just need some fake or real plants.

Tip thrift stores have cheap fake plants. Weight them down with some magnets or rocks and they work fine

butterfly_koi said:
Every plant I had bought was from Petco and they were plants that were already in the tanks that they had fish in

Thats good, I was worried for you for a second! Some plants are grown emersed and as they change to submersed the old emersed leaves will die and new submersed leaves will take its place. Keep an eye out for that as well ;)

alia258 said:
If you bought those plants in a tube that says aquatic plants, take them out now. Those tuby plants are meant to go into humid terrariums, not submerged or under water

Petsmart sells plants in tubes. Some are labeled Semi Aquatic ( not for all the way underwater ). Others are fully aquatic and ARE good for tanks.
They finally labeled most of their semi Aquatics. Their Bamboo and Mondo Grass still needs better labeling.

The White Ribbon Plant is a house plant. Pull it and plant it in a pot. Or get a riparian planter and let it grow out of the top of your tank, with only it's roots in the water.

Google White Ribbon and Gold Ribbon Plant and see if that's what you bought. Petco and Petsmart are still learning plants.

Add root tabs buried deep near your truly Aquatic plants and start adding liquid plant food weekly after your PWCs

What kind of lights ?

GL with your Guppies. They will breed.

Ok after reading on the ribbon I guess its not a true aquatic plant, it was fully submerged when I bought it though and I've had it for about a month now should I remove it?

Imo I wouldn't go to petco for plants or fish go to a local fish store

The other day I went in petco to look at the plants And they had goldfish covered with ick with the plants. Very sad looking.

The closest pet store to me is about 30 minutes away and I swear the lady there doesn't know much about fish she has her poor fiddler crabs in a tank full of water without a way for them to climb out to air :(

Back
Top Bottom