Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NerdyHippy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok so i noticed that one of my guppies just looks big i don't see a gravid spot but anyone know if she's prego? i've attached a photo

Attachments

• IMG_0058[1].jpg
    IMG_0058[1].jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 138
She could be prego because she is big. She may get the gravid spot a litter later on . Have you been feeding her a lot? She is a female though.

No feeding them the same she has been like this for a couple weeks and all the others are the same size

I think guppys have their fry in 30days ether that or 90. Just make sure you have room because they have a lot of batches of fry!

I agree that looks like a bloated male guppy. Try fasting the whole tank for a few days and feed a deshelled, blanched, crushed pea. If after a week the guppy is still the same will we look into internal paricites. Guppies are usually pregnant for around a month give or take a week.

The easiest most accurate way of telling gender is the last fin before the tail in a male it's pointy for fertilizing the girls, in girls it's more of a fanned shape I do t know what's it's story but in my opinion this is a boy. :)

Back
Top Bottom