Pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is my guppy pregnant she looks abit square to me and slightly fatter then my othere female. If so how long do u think she got till fry arrive?

Attachments

• image-1725155515.jpg
    image-1725155515.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,603
I think she's pregnant. Not sure how much longer but they are usually pregnant for a month.

Cheers I only got her yesterday so don't no how long she been preggers for. The other I got is pregnat to I think but not as far gone as this one. I've had guppy befor just never bread them so hard to no wat to look for.

Amy87 said:
Cheers I only got her yesterday so don't no how long she been preggers for. The other I got is pregnat to I think but not as far gone as this one. I've had guppy befor just never bread them so hard to no wat to look for.

Did you get a male as well? You will have to separate the pregnant guppy from the male when she starts having babies. Also, both females might munch on the babies as they come out.

I have male to yes and I put her in the breaded box as soon as I had floated the bags she hasn't been in the main tank since she been home. She seems relaxed in there but should I take her out till she ready

Amy87 said:
I have male to yes and I put her in the breaded box as soon as I had floated the bags she hasn't been in the main tank since she been home. She seems relaxed in there but should I take her out till she ready

Take her out cause if she's in the box too long she will get stressed and there isn't good water flow in it. Put her in when she's staying at the top of the tank with her tail right down and she isn't eating at all. You will actually beable to see her push the babies out when she's ready. When mine are like that and I put them into the box it happens within an hour or two but can take a day if she doesn't feel safe.

Also, she can hold her babies as long as she wants if she doesn't feel safe or comfortable.
And another little tip, she can hold the sperm for up to 5 or 6 different batches of babies. All from one male!

Ok thanks will take her out now see wat happens. Just hope I'm about when she is ready so my other fish don't eat them. I do have a couple of bushy plants so they can hide. So excited

Amy87 said:
Ok thanks will take her out now see wat happens. Just hope I'm about when she is ready so my other fish don't eat them. I do have a couple of bushy plants so they can hide. So excited

They won't eat all of them, just if they see them they will chase and try to eat, with some being eaten. Also I've read they can have up to 100 ( very mature mommy) but I've never had more than 50-60 at a time. Still quite a lot! Good luck! Post some pictures when she has them, they are so cute and tiny :).

Ps if you look closely at her belly you might see the eyes of the babies!

Hehe can't wait to see them. I can see little speckles in her belly so guess they the eyes

Amy87 said:
Hehe can't wait to see them. I can see little speckles in her belly so guess they the eyes

So exciting! I love my guppies. After a couple weeks they will have color and such. You can sure tell my babies came from my black female they all have tiny black fins lol

Should be intresting coz I don't no what the male looked like as I only got her yesterday and she was in a female only tank. So gonna be all exciting to see the colours :) will put pics of progress :)

Amy87 said:
Should be intresting coz I don't no what the male looked like as I only got her yesterday and she was in a female only tank. So gonna be all exciting to see the colours :) will put pics of progress :)

I love guppies for their colors I have a little male that's yellow blue and a bit of orange

Yeah gorgeous. When I got mollies I found out they can cross breed, the babies are sterile but they are very pretty looking hybrids. I searched for information/pictures of the cross on google lol

I have a couple of Molly that some one gave me 2 Dalmatian and one orange and black one. The orange is female and 1 of each for the Dalmatian they still quite small only about 2 months old maybe a little more

Amy87 said:
I have a couple of Molly that some one gave me 2 Dalmatian and one orange and black one. The orange is female and 1 of each for the Dalmatian they still quite small only about 2 months old maybe a little more

Yeah I just got three black ones, two female and one male but I used to have three sailfin mollies when I first started fish keeping. Unfortunately they all passed shortly after I got them :(

LykeOMGee said:
Yeah I just got three black ones, two female and one male but I used to have three sailfin mollies when I first started fish keeping. Unfortunately they all passed shortly after I got them :(

When will this guppy give birth

image-2908584070.jpg

image-4284049902.jpg

image-610970356.jpg

Back
Top Bottom