Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't worry about that too much. If they are already bidding they should give birth very soon so I wouldn't wait. It would decently help save your babies.

They're still swimming with other fish and not sure if they have squared off, ill add some pictures, brought them from shop 2 days ago and they look really big to me... I'm new to this

No babies yet still just a big fat tummy slowly puttering around the tank!

No babies yet still just a big fat tummy slowly puttering around the tank!
Is she still eating or eating and spitting it straight back??. I found this to be one of the signs, amongest others..Did you put her in the breeder box yet. If not your cutting it really, REALLY fine!!..I fully agree with Creic38. In the box, lights and airstone off, leave the tank alone and wait :whistle::whistle:
There's an old saying;
" A Watched Kettle Never Boils"...

Only the last hour the fish with the smaller body looks different... Is this squaring off?

image-3685327487.jpg

She's still eating, still hanging out with other fish and stufgf so I haven't moved her over. I don't want to move her too soon because I would like to have the babies

Is this "squared off"? Just tryin to understand this concept

Attachments

• IMG-20130110-00182.jpg
    IMG-20130110-00182.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 85
That's what I'm trying to find out, it's hard to see from your picture, I think my fish started squaring off last night and the second one not long after so I put them both in a breeder box, I don't want to lose any fry.
Woke up this morning but no fry as yet :-(

No unfortunatly I live in an area where those are not available for me to purchase. Which is why I have been watching so much for the babies

No unfortunatly I live in an area where those are not available for me to purchase. Which is why I have been watching so much for the babies
You could make your own out of a food container or empty milk container. Check out youtube....

No babies....man this fish pregnancy stuff takes forever!

It looks ready tho, mine was big from the shop when I brought her last Monday and she had fry on Sunday, how long has she been big, that's squaring off I think lol

Back
Top Bottom