pregnant guppy and stress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my female guppies are pregnant and I was worried about her babies considering one of my last guppies gave birth only 3 survived(I had no clue they would give birth that fast) so I took percautions and bought a mesh breeder to hold my fry once born and then the 2 way breeder. When I got home I put my female in the breeder not sure when shed begin but now she's not eating and seems to be freaking out about it.

What should I do??

I would suggest letting her drop naturally in the tank and net the fry that you can catch. Breeder nets tend to stress and can cause her to absorb the fry

Chronos313 said:
I would suggest letting her drop naturally in the tank and net the fry that you can catch. Breeder nets tend to stress and can cause her to absorb the fry

^^ agreed^^
If you want to use the net wait until she is actively dropping, or you can do as Chronos suggested and catch them as they come.

Hahaha well thanks guys! If only I hide red these earlier.
She has successfully delivered 6 fry, 1 egg, and 1 fry that is maybe a stillbirth. But I can't tell whether she's done.

What should I do???

I hate catching fry! Lol but yeah take the advice given , you will find it will not cause the fry stress and you still you get a decent amount of fry

i agree with him/her because when their stressed the babys may never be born :( but just keep her away from the males and anything that would make her stressed:cool:

Back
Top Bottom