Pregnant Guppy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Which would be more stressful for my guppy that should give birth soon: leave her in the tank where she occasionally gets chased by another guppy or isolate her in a breeder net?

Pregnant Guppy

Which would be more stressful for my guppy that should give birth soon: leave her in the tank where she occasionally gets chased by another guppy or isolate her in a breeder net?

Hello aqua...

I never move my female Guppies. I drop a lot of Common water weed, Hornwort and Pennywort into the tank to hide her and change a lot of tank water every week. The combination of the plants and the pure water have never failed to produce fry. Apparently, the conditions are just right for the female to get comfortable and make for a safe place for the fry.

B

Mine never pop babies if I separate them unless it's literally into a smaller separate fish tank. They always seem too freaked out by breeder nets/containers.

I simply wait until the day after the birth then capture and hand raise any surviving fry.

Back
Top Bottom