pregnant guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My yellow tailed guppy is getting close to giving birth look at her now

image-1078590210.jpg

image-1434776735.jpg

ocminpin said:
So cute!! Do you ship? I want to get a 40g going within a few months...

I never have before. I never intended to breed angels or any other fish. I traded a woman an old laptop for an entire 55 gallon setup and it came with 4 angels. She said she never could get them to spawn. I had them for about 3 weeks and then rehomed 2 of them and within a week the other 2 had spawned. Keep in contact with me and if i have enough of them survive i probably will ship some. I want to keep a couple of them and i have a couple promised to someone but with the way my adults keep spawning I'm going to have to find homes for them eventually.

MEMPHIS said:
I never have before. I never intended to breed angels or any other fish. I traded a woman an old laptop for an entire 55 gallon setup and it came with 4 angels. She said she never could get them to spawn. I had them for about 3 weeks and then rehomed 2 of them and within a week the other 2 had spawned. Keep in contact with me and if i have enough of them survive i probably will ship some. I want to keep a couple of them and i have a couple promised to someone but with the way my adults keep spawning I'm going to have to find homes for them eventually.

Sounds good. Keep me in mind when it comes time... I should have upgraded my tank from my 29 to bigger by then... :)

I live in northern alabama. How much do you think it would be to ship?

Jemma said:
She just gave birth to 28 fry but only 25 are alive

Congrats and good luck with the fry. Do you have a fry tank to put them in?

You might want to get something bigger to put them in. The more cramped up they are the slower they grow.

I am getting a nursery tank but how long do I need to wait till I put the baby guppys in the tank

If you only put the baby guppy in it then they can go in now. If its cycled. I have a 10 gallon that i move my females into when they are about to have their fry and when they are done i put the female back in my main tank.

ocminpin said:
How many? My big female has around 60 each time now...

I'm not really sure. She is a big female but she started having them in my main tank. I moved her to a birthing tank and got about 30.

I gave all but 5 of them away cause i don't have room for them. They are in my 10 gallon with my angel fry. My adult angels spawned again today so i hope my 29 gallon finishs its cycle soon.

MEMPHIS said:
I gave all but 5 of them away cause i don't have room for them. They are in my 10 gallon with my angel fry. My adult angels spawned again today so i hope my 29 gallon finishs its cycle soon.

You gave newborns away?

Yeah. My neighbor just cycled her tank and she hasn't got any fish for it yet so i gave them to her.

Back
Top Bottom