pregnant guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MEMPHIS

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got 2 female guppys 31 days ago and i could see a very small gravid spot when i got them home. I know they usually drop their fry at 28 to 30 days but i was wondering how long they can hold the fry?

MEMPHIS said:
I got 2 female guppys 31 days ago and i could see a very small gravid spot when i got them home. I know they usually drop their fry at 28 to 30 days but i was wondering how long they can hold the fry?

Post some pics of them

The one with the spotted tail gave birth to some this morning but she ate all but one or two of them. Her gravid spot is still there, only about half the size it was.

The other one is pretty big, the pic doesn't realky show it but she looks like she is going to explode.

MEMPHIS said:
The one with the spotted tail gave birth to some this morning but she ate all but one or two of them. Her gravid spot is still there, only about half the size it was.

The other one is pretty big, the pic doesn't realky show it but she looks like she is going to explode.

Good luck saving babies! :)

MEMPHIS said:

If she still has a dark spot she might not of finished giving birth. Just watch her :)

M trying to find a thread to help with my guppy fry and this seemed to be the one that would show up.
My female guppy

ForumRunner_20120814_154257.jpg
This photo was taken 2 days before she had 8 fry.
Its been about a week now and tell me see anything dif??

ForumRunner_20120814_154915.jpg
No I'm not keeping her in the cage I put hr in there to take a pic.
She's acting normal and won't have her other fry. No signs of delivery.
Can either of y'all give me advise??

This is my first time with guppy fry but when my swordtail gave birth she still looked pregnant after she was done having the fry. Her spot was a lil smaller afterwards but i could still see it. It kept getting bigger ocer the next three weeks but a couple days before she had her 2nd fry drop she died. I don't know why she died but I'm new to fish keeping so it could have been something i did.

Yeah its kinda hard to tell. I've had her 2weeks now and she was pregnant when I got her. And today is a week of her first fry and she still looks huge and you can see the fry eyes. I'm worried she'll die but the babies she had already have beautiful markings so I want her to have her others! :) 4

one of my guppys is like that now. I hope she doesn't die she is my prettiest female and she ate all but 4 of her fry so i really want the next batch. I still have one more guppy that has not had her fry yet and have 37 angel fry that will be free swimming in a day or two. Keep me posted on how your female is doing.

bubleguppy_2013 said:
Yeah its kinda hard to tell. I've had her 2weeks now and she was pregnant when I got her. And today is a week of her first fry and she still looks huge and you can see the fry eyes. I'm worried she'll die but the babies she had already have beautiful markings so I want her to have her others! :) 4

How has she been doing?

mine had a few more but i had already moved her back to the main tank so i could only save 1 of them. I'm not sure how many more she did have but i saw my female angel chasing something and when i walked over to the tank she caught it and ate it. I actually saw 3 but like i said i could only catch one.

yesterday I found to fry. I have no clue who had it. One female looked like she hd fry coming out of her and then all my females starting hanging by the plants and filter. The fry didn't have the big belly though like the others so I have no clue:\

At first i didn't know which one of my females had had the fry but i could still see the birthing tube, or whatever its called, was enlarged on her.

How have your fry been doing?
I haven't been paying much attention to my guppy fry. I have about 25 angel fry that have been free swimming for about 6 days now so i have been concentrating on them.

They're great! Very entertaining for sure! I have a few I need to take out bc well they're a lot bigger now and I don't want them eating the new borns( they were my first batch from maybe 2 mo ago).

ForumRunner_20120823_102644.jpg

I think I may have about 15 or so in my 10 gal but I need to take out the 3 big ones soon.
I wanted to do angelfish but my 20 gal tank is long and I read they prefer taller tanks :\

Back
Top Bottom