Pregnant Guppys in Birthing Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidtorres_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10g birthing tank and it currently houses a pregnant guppy. I have another pregnant guppy in my 38g tank and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to have both pregnant guppies in the birthing tank because they might stress eachother out and everything. I want most of the guppy fry to live. Please help.

I was also wondering what other plants I could use in the birthing tank. I only have Java moss tied to rocks and some floating anacharis. I would prefer plants that are really easy to take care of and minimal needs. Thank you.

David Torres

I'm in the same boat here - I have 2 pregnant guppies in a 15 gallon and I'm not sure whether to chance any fry surviving if left as is or if I should try to separate them in breeding boxes :-/ We got the females exactly 28 days ago and I think they were "pre-loaded" so they could drop any day now or it could be another week yet - I can't watch them round the clock! Never bred guppies before so I'm not exactly sure what the "squared off" look is - I thought they had it last week but no sign of any babies yet. Oh and I just have a few small plastic plants in and a little rock/cave structure.

Back
Top Bottom